North Berwick can be enjoyed all year round. East Lothian is known as the Golf Coast and there are around 21 golf courses nearby with two in North Berwick itself - the West Links and The Glen.
But North Berwick is not just for golfers - there are stunning beaches and lovely walks in the area - the John Muir Way passes 6a - as well as a number of day trips to places of interest such as:
- The Scottish Sea Bird Centre and harbour.
- Boat trips to the islands and the Bass Rock.
- The Scottish Museum of Flight at East Fortune.
- Horse Racing at Musselburgh.
- Tantallon Castle and Dirleton Castle and Gardens.
- Climb "the Law" for fantastic views.
- Outdoor activities, such as sailing and cycling (hire a fat bike for the beach).
- Visit Rosslyn Chapel (made famous in Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code").
- Visit Glenkinchie Distillery near Edinburgh.
There are plenty of coffee / tea shops, restaurants and bars in North Berwick and the surrounding areas.
If you require assistance with booking any of these activities or a round of golf please ask. Golf tuition and caddies are available and transportation between courses and 6a can be arranged.
If you would like the information we provide to guests in our rooms regarding the local area, and to assist you in making restaurant bookings or booking tee times for golf, please click here to download the pdf document